We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable cakes
- Pumpkin cake
- Pumpkin bread
This pumpkin bread is so tender, it literally melts in your mouth. It's perfect for afternoon tea, elevenses, dessert or popping into packed lunches.
Be the first to make this!
IngredientsMakes: 2 loaves
- 250g plain flour
- 400g caster sugar
- 200g instant butterscotch dessert mix, such as Angel Delight
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 500g pumpkin puree
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:1hr15min › Ready in:2hr30min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Lightly grease two 23x13cm loaf tins.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, dessert mix, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in the oil, eggs and pumpkin pumpkin until just blended. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Pour batter into prepared tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes, then remove from tins and cool on wire rack.
You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes or muffins. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
Pumpkin Bread Recipe – Easy And Best Ever!
This homemade pumpkin bread is amazing! So moist, soft and full of pumpkin flavor! This is the only pumpkin bread recipe you&rsquoll ever need!
What could be better than freshly baked homemade pumpkin bread? Imagine biting into a slice of this soft pumpkin bread, still hot from the oven, smelling of pumpkin and cinnamon, tasting of happiness. This epic pumpkin bread is out of this world.
The texture of this pumpkin bread is amazing! It is so soft, so tender and moist at the same time. Put a slice of this pumpkin bread close to your nose and inhale. You&rsquoll want to go on this like forever. You need this pumpkin bread in your life.
Once you bite into this pumpkin bread, one slice will never be enough. It disappears as fast as the ice would melt in a sauna.
Aside from it&rsquos epic taste, another awesome thing about this pumpkin bread is how easy it is to make. All you need to do is combine the ingredients in one bowl, pour into a loaf pan and bake. Even if you never baked anything in your life, this pumpkin bread will turn out perfect! You just can&rsquot go wrong with this amazingly easy recipe.
You can use canned or fresh pumpkin puree to make this pumpkin bread. If you have real pumpkins that you want to use up, see my easy recipe for making your own pumpkin puree from scratch. No fresh pumpkin? Just use the pumpkin puree from the can :)
This pumpkin bread can be frozen &ndash just cut it into slices and put each slice into a small ziploc bag. You can thaw it in refrigerator overnight, on the counter for an hour, in a microwave in a minute or in a toaster.
This pumpkin bread looks very presentable and makes a great homemade gift! People love these! Just put a fully chilled loaf of pumpkin bread in a clear bag, tie it with a ribbon and your homemade food gift is ready! If you like this idea, check out my whole collection of recipes for homemade food gifts.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
It is so simple and easy to make this pumpkin bread batter.
In to a bowl add in the sugar,ground spices,salt,eggs,oil,vanilla extract,yogurt/buttermilk and pumpkin puree and mix everything together to form a homogenous mixture.
Combine the baking Soda and baking powder with flour until the leaveners are evenly distributed in the flour.
Mix together the flour mix into the liquid batter to form our pumpkin bread batter.
Take care not to over mix the batter after adding the flour.If we over mix ,the gluten strands will start to develop, which can result in tough and rubbery bread.
Transfer the pumpkin bread batter on to a greased loaf pan.
Pan Size :9 inch x 5 inch slight variation in size is okay.
Smooth the surface with a spatula.Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds(optional).
Bake at 325 F or 165 C preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
If your pan size is different the baking time may vary slightly.If the pan is wider or bigger ,then the baking duration will be (about 10 minutes) lesser.
Check the doneness by poking a skewer in to the center of bread and if it comes out clean, our cake is done.
Enjoy delicious pumpkin bread!
Step 2: Bake Pumpkin
If you're using a fresh pumpkin, you'll need to cook, peel it, and mash it first!
Here are three great methods to choose from:
- Cut the pumpkin in half and discard the stem section and stringy pulp. Save the seeds to dry and roast.
- In a shallow baking dish, place the two halves face down and cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for about 1½ hours for a medium-sized sugar pumpkin, or until tender.
- Once the baked pumpkin has cooled, scoop out the flesh or just peel off the rind, and puree or mash it.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, discarding the stringy insides.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into chunks.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the pumpkin chunks are tender.
- Let the chunks cool, and then puree or mash.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, discarding the stringy insides.
- Microwave on high power for seven minutes per pound, turning pieces every few minutes to promote even cooking. Puree or mash.
Tips For Perfect Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread recipe is pretty basic, but here are a few tips to make the BEST pumpkin bread.
- Follow the recipe. For best results, I highly recommend following the recipe and using the exact ingredients I&rsquove listed.
- Separate bowls. Be sure to mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Don&rsquot skip this step by mixing everything together in one bowl.
- Don&rsquot over mix ingredients. It&rsquos very important to avoid over-mixing the batter, which makes any quick bread gummy and dense.
- Bake time. Be sure not to under bake the bread. Every oven can vary in temperature, so test the center of the bread with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it&rsquos ready, if not place it back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Loaf pan. If you are using a smaller 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, your loaf will turn out thicker and therefore the bread needs to cook a bit longer (probably 5-10 minutes more).
How to make the BEST PUMPKIN BREAD:
- Start off by cooking pumpkin puree over medium heat. This helps to create a perfect pumpkin flavor since it is the star ingredient. Let it cook for about 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add a mixture of oil, cream cheese, and buttermilk to add moisture and create a tender texture . This is the trifecta of ingredients that will make soft pumpkin bread.
- Add cinnamon and pumpkin spice to compliment the flavor of the pumpkin.
- Pour into greased pans and bake just until a toothpick comes out clean in the center . If the sides of becoming overbaked, cover the bread with foil until the center completely bakes through.
This recipe makes two loaves so it is perfect to keep one for yourself and give the other one away. This loaf of pumpkin bread is perfect to give away as teacher gifts, run to a neighbor, or give to a friend. It stays moist for days and can be eaten for breakfast, snack, dessert, or any time in between.
STORE leftovers in an air-tight container once the bread has cooled. If you don’t choose to freeze, it will be good on the countertop for a few days stored at room temperature.
If you don’t plan on eating both loaves right away, this bread FREEZES really well. Once it’s completely cool, wrap it in plastic wrap, toss it into a gallon size Ziploc bag and stash it away for up to 3 months. You’ll be so glad you did! Another idea for freezing it is to cut it into slices first, so you can easily warm one up at a time.
To reheat frozen bread, let it sit on the counter top for 20 min or so and then wrap it in a paper towel and heat it in the microwave for a few seconds. You could also warm it up in the toaster oven if you’d like.
Easy Pumpkin Bars Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy pumpkin bars recipe:
- Ground flaxseed and water act as an egg replacer in this recipe – they thicken the batter and help it rise.
- All-purpose flour and almond flour make these pumpkin bars super moist and tender. I love using this combo in baking – find it in my blueberry muffins and banana bread, too!
- Pumpkin pie spice fills these bars with warm autumn flavor. I like to use this homemade pumpkin spice blend, but if you prefer, you could substitute 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom.
- Baking powder and baking soda help them rise.
- Coconut oil adds moisture and richness.
- Maple syrup sweetens them up.
- Vanilla extract deepens the flavor.
- Pumpkin puree adds essential pumpkin flavor and moisture. Find it in a can, or make your own with this recipe! If you have leftover puree, use it to make pumpkin pancakes or French toast.
- And a dash of salt highlights the sweet, spiced flavor. Yum!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another. Then, pour the wet pumpkin mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spread the batter into a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Now for the hard part: letting the bars cool! It’s tempting to slice them or frost them right away, but they must cool to room temperature first. If they’re still warm, the bars will crumble, and the frosting will melt!
How to make pumpkin bread
Scroll down for the printable pumpkin bread recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9″ pan.
- Mix dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice in a medium-sized bowl (photo 2).
- Mix wet ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and water. Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined (photos 3 and 4).
- Bake. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then remove onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
7 Ridiculously Delicious Ways to Eat Pumpkin Bread
Come fall, you’re inundated with pumpkin baked goods. And that’s not a bad thing: We’ll happily eat pumpkin pie until spring. But if you’re tired of the same flavors, here are 7 interesting takes on pumpkin bread, from unusual spices to sweet streusel toppings.
1. Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Bread
Start off with a fantastic pumpkin bread recipe. Now add a chocolate swirl: Are you with us here? This bread teeters between breakfast and dessert, but the melted semisweet chocolate swirl takes it into the kind of sugary territory we like to be in. Get our Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Bread recipe.
2. Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread
Your new favorite fall dessert is here, and it’s wonderfully easy to bake. This tender pumpkin bread is filled with an excellent surprise: a ribbon of sweet cream cheese icing. Adding the frosting inside the bread instead of on top of it is a brilliant way to turn dessert on its head. Get the recipe here.
3. Crumbly Pumpkin Bread
There is little that can’t be improved by streusel. Here, a moist and tender loaf of pumpkin bread is topped with a classic streusel and baked into a dessert that will have you winning every bake sale, holiday party, and birthday, forever. Get the recipe here.
4. Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing
Earthy, mild pumpkin pairs well with plenty of flavors, but maple takes the cake. Both traditional fall flavors, maple and pumpkin transform this bread from an ordinary quick bread to a flavor trip up to New England. The icing uses brown butter, making it a little decadent and extremely delicious. Get the recipe here.
5. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread
While not the standard pumpkin quick bread you’re used to, this cornbread is a clever way to make a perfectly textured gluten-free baked good. The moist pumpkin helps to give the rice flour some structure and moisture, creating a cornbread that’s lovely for fall and ideal as a side with a steaming bowl of soup.. Get our Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread recipe.
6. Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread
This decadent recipe is bound to impress with its shape and flavor. Layers of moist yeasted pumpkin bread are pressed into a bread pan and baked. The result is a monkey bread-like dessert in loaf form, with flakes of cinnamon sugared pumpkin bread that pull apart at the slightest touch. Get the recipe here.
7. Pumpkin Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread
This chocolate chip-studded bread might sound like dessert, but it’s packed with vegetables and healthy ingredients. Pumpkin and zucchini give it moisture and texture and a touch of honey sweetens the loaf. Almond milk, coconut oil, and whole wheat flour round out the roster of power food ingredients. We’ll be baking this again, and again, and again. Get the recipe here.